One of our common activities is called “Social Circle.” Using reminiscing therapy and socialization, my residents can engage with each other and connect with their past.With school out for the summer and warmer temperatures upon us, I thought this was a good time to remember vacations we’ve taken throughout our lives.
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? Why?
- Where have you traveled in the past? Which was your favorite? Why?
- What was the first vacation you went on?
- What is your favorite mode of travel? Discuss bus, car, boat, train, and other travel.
- What is your favorite or most memorable travel experience?
- What is your favorite part of travelling? What is your least favorite part?
- Tell us about your most embarrassing travelling experience.
- What is your favorite tourist attraction?
- What is your favorite “stay-cation”? Your favorite day trip?
- Who did you regularly travel with? Is there anyone you would never travel with again?
My residents also really love trivia and I usually start a discussion based activity with trivia to jumpstart the memories.
|Great Barrier Reef||Australia|
|Pyramids and Nile River||Egypt|
|The Amazon River||South America|
|The Alps||Italy/ Switzerland/ Austria|
|The Great Wall||China|
|The Sahara Desert||North Africa|
|Grand Ole Opry||Tennessee|
|Mount Rushmore||South Dakota|
|Golden Gate Bridge||California|
|Statue of Liberty||New York|
|The Smithsonian||Washington DC|
|The Gateway Arch||St. Louis|
|Niagra Falls||New York|
|Tomb of the Unknown Soldier||Virginia|
|The Sears/ Willis Tower||Illinois|